Follow me on Twitter

Follow me on twitter @adamhartley2014

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Adam Hartley, Ed.D. Introduction

My name is Adam Hartley. After spending 17 plus years in K-12 education as a teacher, principal, and central office administrator, I left my position as Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction to pursue a greater adventure. I am now working with a few others in Flint, MI to create Hero Town U.S.A., a non-profit organization focused on inspiring and instructing heroes. I am co-founder of The Hero Round Table with Matt Langdon. Matt is the owner of The Hero Construction Company and continues to be an expert in the field of heroism and bystander behavior.  I am also co-moderator of #COLchat, a twitter chat on Monday nights, 9-10 p.m. EST.  I co-moderate the chat with Michele Corbat (@MicheleCorbat) and Rod Hetherton (@RodneyHetherton).  They are both administrators in Swartz Creek Community Schools located in Swartz Creek, MI.

WaterStops Learning is a LLC I started in 2014 after leaving Swartz Creek.  WaterStops Learning reflects how I see change, as a marathon and not a sprint.  Change is essential in improving our personal and professional lives.  Change is difficult and the fear of change will often create a world where people become apathetic, fearful of what change may bring.  It is my mission to help people not only prepare for change, but to embrace change.  When we stop to reflect, refresh, and and rejuvenate (WaterStop), the marathon of change is not so daunting.

I am married to Nicole, a kindergarten teacher, and we have three children.  Taylor, our daughter, and our two sons, Adam and Cameron.  Speaking of change, our children are 21, 18, and 15.  We love them more than anything!

Thank you for following my blog and keeping up with what is happening in Flint, MI and the surrounding areas.  Flint is truly the hub of heroism and I hope you learn from this blog so you are inspired to run the marathon yourself and change your community in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dr. Adam Hartley

Dr. Adam Hartley
"If you are not on the edge, you are taking up too much room". -Jim Kitchen